LDAP sync with eDirectory

Hi there. I hoping someone can help with this sync problem I'm having. I'm connecting to eDirectory, which originally started with Novell, but is now with Micro Focus. We use several ldap clients which interact ok, but I'm having an error with multiotp when I try to do a users-sync or users-list. In looking at a wireshark trace, I can see a successful bind, but then an error "invalidDNSyntax". Multiotp reports the error as: warning LDAP Error: FATAL: AD/LDAP bind failed. The BaseDN is not accepted I'm using here since I need to start the search from the very top of the tree. I've also tried more specific values, like ou=accounting,o=alberta. Regardless of what I tried, I got the same error. Looking further at the wireshark trace, I see that there's a dn value of 'test-connection' that is being sent. I wonder if that is what may be causing this error since that object does not exist in the directory. Has anybody seen this kind of problem before or maybe some thoughts on where I should focus my efforts? Thanks!!

Comments

• Hello, we are not able to test eDirectory since there is no free version. Are you able to create a test infrastructure and to open it for us in order to make some tests ? Regards
  • I will set something up in the next week or 2. Thanks so much.
  • Hi YannJ. So sorry this got away from me! I'm back on this and will have something up and running in the next couple days if you could help me out with testing. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!
  • Hey there, I have the required servers up and running ready for tests. If you have time to help, can you please send me an email and I'll send you the connection details? Thanks so much.
  • Hello, can you please send us the information support@multiotp.net Best regards
  • Hello, we did not recieve the information. Did you send them ?
  • Sorry, will send shortly. Thank you.
  • Hi Derek, Thanks for your valuable support. Using your eDirectory test bed, we have been able to fix the eDirectory compatibility in the version 5.8.2.1 of multiOTP open source ! We have adapted and provided a new Active Directory Type (4), and now, LDAP users synchronization just works :-) The last source files are available on GitHub, and we have upgraded your test bed server. Regards, Andre
This discussion has been closed.